BMA’s Statement on 2010 Election
Statement on 2010 Election
1. 2008 Constitution destroys the democratic values and the establishment of the Federal Union. It was written in favor of the Generals one-sidedly to prolong the enslavement of people of Burma under the military regime.
2. The election committee that was created for 2010 election is nothing but a handful cohorts who are loyal to the Junta.
3. 2010 Election Laws related to political parties, rules and regulations for the election will not allow a free and fair election, but are oppressive laws. These laws have shamelessly excluded the major opposition party, NLD which is the winner of 1990 election, the public leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and several ethnic political parties.
4. In order to prevent a free and fair election, the authorities have systematically continues to instill fear and threats to the entire population.
5. Therefore, the Burmese Muslim Association vehemently opposes and denounces the 2008 Nargis Constitution and the election that will coerce to legitimize the one sided constitution. We strongly encourage all Burmese Muslims to avoid voting as much as possible and boycott this sham election.
Burmese Muslim Association
October 15, 2010
Media Contacts :
Ko Kyaw Zwa +44 782 842 6801 UK
Ms. Yasmin +1 408 250 6227 USA
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!
You must be logged in to post a comment.